Browse Central Florida
Central Florida Vacations
Official Visitor Information for Polk County, FL
Looking for a fun, festive way to celebrate the holiday season with those you love? A Central Florida vacation is the place to be! Just minutes from renowned Central Florida hotspots such as Disney World, SeaWorld and Universal Studios as well as LEGOLAND® Florida Resort, Bok Tower Gardens, Safari Wilderness Ranch and even the Spaceport USA at the Kennedy Space Center, Polk County truly has it all. Using Polk County as your Central Florida vacation home base means you’ll also enjoy quick and easy access to the region’s white sandy beaches and countless acres of breathtaking conservation lands. Whether you’re ready to explore the region by Air, Earth, Water or Fire, you will quickly feel in your Element this holiday season on your Central Florida Vacation.
Get Into The Holiday Spirit On Your Central Florida Vacation
The weather outside is hardly frightful during a holiday stay here in Central Florida. Here you’ll enjoy mild, comfortable temperatures that make getting outside both fun and inviting. Beyond beautiful weather, you’ll find there are a wide range of things to do in Central Florida that are perfect for the whole family. From checking out the events at renowned Central Florida Attractions to celebrating the spirit of the season like the locals do, you’ll find something festive for everyone during your Central Florida vacation.
Fun And Festive Things To Do In Central Florida This Holiday Season
Ready to get into the holiday spirit? Check out these fun events and activities during your stay:
Lakeland Center: Come see for yourself why the Lakeland Center can boast being the “Coolest Place in Town” from November 21-30 as it hosts the return of public ice skating.
LEGOLAND® Florida: This family-friendly Central Florida attraction has countless ways to celebrate this holiday season:
- Christmas Bricktacular: every December weekend until Christmas you’ll enjoy events such as the daily lighting of a 270,000 brick Christmas tree and photo ops with a life-size Santa
- Countdown to Kid’s New Year’s Eve: Dec. 26-30 offers nightly fireworks displays and more
- Kid’s New Year’s Eve on December 31: Live DJ, dance party and fireworks make this a kid-centric night to remember
Christmas at Bok Tower Gardens: Held November 29 through January 5, 2014. In addition to various concerts and events held throughout the season, you’ll enjoy a winter wonderland at the Pinewood Estate dedicated to “Family Traditions.” Be sure to bring the little ones and have them search for “The Elf on the Shelf” while you’re here!
Other Local Events And Festivities Throughout Polk County
Want to ring in the holiday season like the locals do? You’ll find ample ways to do so on your Central Florida vacation with various Christmas parades:
- Lakeland: December 4 at 7:00 p.m.
- Auburndale & Winter Haven: December 5 at 7:00 p.m.
- Haines City: Evening of December 6
- Bartow: December 12 at 6:00 p.m.
- Lake Wales: December 13 at 6:00 p.m.
Other local holiday season traditions include:
- Carols in the Park: Winter Haven (December 6-7)
- Christmas at the Ramon (December 6)
- Glitter, Glisten & Snow: Railroad Park downtown Haines City (December 6 from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm)
Find Out More About The Many Central Florida Vacation Packages Available
Come find out for yourself why nothing beats a Central Florida vacation this holiday season! Don’t forget to learn more about Central Florida vacation packages, as well as the best places to stay in Central Florida and tips for making your time in Central Florida merry and bright.